How to Make Nana's Melt In Your Mouth Blueberry Cake
- 1Sift flour, baking powder and salt together three (3) times
- 2Beat egg whites stiff and set aside
- 3Cream shortening with sugar and add egg yokes, beating well
- 4Add dry ingredients alternately with milk
- 5Fold in egg whites, lemon juice and last blueberries (in that order)
- 6Pour into greased 9x9 pan or tube pan. Sprinkle batter lightly with sugar before baking for topping.
- 7Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until tester comes out clean.