Moist Chocolate Cake
Gia Peterkin Trower
Most times I make it with the Whipped Cream frosting, and sometimes I make it with chocolate frosting. Which ever frosting you use, it is fab!
1-3/4 csifted all-purpose flour (i use heckers)
3/4 cunsweetened cocoa powder (i use hersheys)
2 tspbaking soda
1 tspbaking powder
1 cstrong black coffee
1/2 cvegetable oil
2 tspvanilla (pure)
How to Make Moist Chocolate Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt in large bowl until well blended.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, coffee, oil and vanilla; beat at medium speed for 2 minutes (batter will be thin). Pour into two greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting
Chill your bowl and blender attachments in the freezer.
2/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups heavy cream
2 teaspoons vanilla
Combine confectioners’ sugar and cocoa in small bowl. Add cream and vanilla; beat until stiff (start out slow, then increase the speed of the blender to high.
Frost cake and keep in refrigerator.
- You can also make regular chocolate frosting for this cake and here is the recipe:
½ cup butter, softened (one stick)
2/3 cups unsweetened cocoa powder (I use Hersheys)
2 teaspoons real vanilla
3 cups confectioners’ sugar
6-8 tablespoons water, depending upon thickness you want or you can use milk
Cream butter and ½ sugar. Add cocoa and 1 tablespoon milk. Cream. Add sugar and milk or water until the consistency is right and then beat at mixer’s highest speed. Frost cake immediately.