Moist Chocolate Cake
How to Make Moist Chocolate Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour 2-9 inch baking pans or line with parchment paper circles and set aside.
- 2In a large bowl of a standing mixer stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- 3Add eggs, buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla extract and beat until smooth about 3 minutes.
- 4Remove bowl from mixer and stir in hot coffee with a rubber spatula. Batter will be very runny.
- 5Pour batter evenly between the 2 pans and bake on the middle rack of oven for 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean with just a few moist crumbs attached.
- 6Allow to cool 15 minutes in pans then run a butter knife around the edges of each cake. Place a wire cooling rack over top of each pan.
- 7Wearing oven mitts use both hands to hold the racks in place while flipping the cakes over onto the racks.
- 8Set the racks down and gently thump on the bottom of the pans until the cakes release. Cool completely before handling or frosting.
- 9I did not record the measurements for the icing. It is simply softened butter beaten with unsweetened cocoa powder, icing sugar, a pinch of salt, vanilla extract and a splash of cream adjusting the ingredients until i got the right consistency and sweetness.