Milky Way Cake w/ Milky Way Frosting-Annette's
It is fattening and full of butter and candy bars BUT it is lip smackin, make your toes curl and your grey hairs straighten good! If you can handle all of that, then this is the recipe for you.
This isn't a recipe for light weights. (No pun intended.)
Warning: Consuming one piece of this cake will lead to wanting more.
FOR THE CAKE YOU WILL NEED
8milky way bars
2 1/2 cflour
1/2 cchopped pecans
1/2 tspbaking soda
FOR THE FROSTING YOU WILL NEED
3milky way bars
2 cpowder sugar (this may vary depending on the consistency you want your frosting)
How to Make Milky Way Cake w/ Milky Way Frosting-Annette's
- Preheat oven to 325°. Melt 1 stick of butter and 8 of the Milky Way bars. Set aside.
- Cream 1 stick of butter and 2 cups sugar together.
Add 4 eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour and baking soda together.
Gradually add to egg mixture with 1 cup buttermilk.
- Add nuts and vanilla. Fold in candy bar mixture.
- Bake 1 hour at 325° in a 9x13 inch pan. (cooking time my vary depending on oven temps, you may cook a little less, watch for brownness.)
- ***Frosting**** Melt butter, Milky Way bars and milk.
Add powdered sugar until desired thickness is reached.
I make my frosting to the consistency of ganache. You want it to be thick and not run so that it sticks to the cake well. When you cut each slice your frosting should come apart with the cake almost like fudge. YUM! Enjoy!
- **Enjoy, walk, enjoy, call the doctor, enjoy, do extra sit ups, enjoy, bike ride, enjoy, take the stairs, enjoy, park in the spot furthest from the doors, enjoy, eat only salad with this recipe for the next month, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!**