Maraschino Pound Cake
This is one of Ethan's favorites. If I don't make it for Christmas.... he's asking where is the cherry cake?
2 3/4 csugar
1 1/4 cbutter
1 tspvanilla extract
1 tspbaking powder
1 cevaporated milk
3/4 cmaraschino cherries, halves, well drained
How to Make Maraschino Pound Cake
- Heat oven to 350. Grease and flour 12cup bunt pan or 2 loaf pans.
- Beat sugar, butter, vanilla, and eggs on low speed till mixed. Beat on high for 5 mins till light and fluffy.
- Mix dry ingredients together. Then beat in dry ingredients alternating with evaporated milk on low speed.
- When all the dry ingredients and evaporated milk are all incorporated, stir the cherries into the batter then pour into floured pans.
- Bake 70-80 mins in 350 oven. When tooth pick inserted into the centre of the cakes comes out clean the cakes are done.