Lemon Rosemary Madeleines
2 largefree-run eggs, room temperature
1/2 cgranulated sugar
1/4 cbrown sugar
2 tsplemon zest
1 tsppure vanilla extract
1/2 c(1 stick) unsalted butter, melted plus 2 tbsp. to brush pans
1 cunbleached all-purpose flour, plus more for the pans
1/2 Tbspfresh rosemary, finely chopped
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
1/4 tspground himalayan sea salt
1/2 cconfectioners's sugar, sifted
How to Make Lemon Rosemary Madeleines
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, lemon zest and vanilla extract; process on medium-high speed for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt ½ cup butter. When melted, remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, rosemary, baking powder and salt; whisk for a few minutes and set aside.
- After 5 minutes, stop the mixer and add the dry ingredients; process on low speed for 1 minute. Fold in the melted butter with a spatula until well incorporated. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and transfer to the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Brush madeleine molds with soft butter (2 tbsps.) using a pastry brush. Dust cavities with flour, tilting the pan to coat evenly. Turn the pans upside down to remove excess flour.
- When time is up, stir the batter and divide it among the prepared molds, filling them about ¾ full. Transfer to the preheated oven and bake for 9 to 12 minutes or until they spring back when gently touched and the tops are light golden brown. Remove from the heat and allow to cool 2 minutes before placing the madeleines on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes (pattern side up). Using a fine sieve, lightly dust the tops with confectioners’ sugar if desired. Makes 24 madeleines.
- To view this recipe on YouTube, click on this link >>>>