LEMON PUDDING CAKE
Photo from: bettycrocker.com/...2Bcake&pi=1&ps=9
1/3 call purpose flour
3 largeeggs, separated
2 Tbspbutter, room temperature
1 cskim milk
5 Tbspfresh lemon juice
1 tspfinely grated lemon zest
·fresh raspberries or blackberries for serving, or whipped cream
How to Make LEMON PUDDING CAKE
- Spray six 6-ounce ramekins (or you may use one large souffle dish) with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the sugar with the flour. In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the butter until well blended. Whisk in the milk, lemon juice and lemon zest. Pour the lemon mixture into the sugar mixture and whisk until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites with the salt until firm peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the lemon mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared ramekins and transfer them to a small roasting pan. Place the pan in the oven and pour in enough hot water to reach halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake the pudding cakes in a preheated 350-degree oven for 35 minutes or until they are puffy and golden on top. Using tongs, transfer the ramekins to a rack to cool for 20 minutes. Serve the cake in the ramekins or run a knife around the edge of each cake and unmold onto plates. Serve warm or at room temperature with fresh blackberries or raspberries.
- The cakes can be made ahead and refrigerated for 2 days.