Lemon Almond Yogurt Cake (G/F)
1/2 cyogurt, plain
3/4 cgranulated sugar
1 calmond flour
1/2 csweet sorghum flour
2 tspbaking powder, g/f
·grated zest of 1 lemon
1/2 cvegetable oil
1/4 cfresh lemon juice
3/4 cpowdered sugar, g/f
How to Make Lemon Almond Yogurt Cake (G/F)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 8-inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, sugar, and eggs and blend with a whisk.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt and stir until blended. Add lemon zest and oil, stirring until oil is well incorporated.
- Pour batter into pan and bake 30 minutes, or until a pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- When cake is cool, make glaze by mixing lemon juice and powdered sugar until smooth.
- At this point you can remove cake from pan and put on a plate, or just leave it in pan to glaze.
- Pour glaze over top of cake and spread evenly. Let sit 10 minutes and then slice and serve.