IRRESISTIBLE "MUD BARS" by freda
They don't last anytime at all.
You can sprinkle with chopped nuts on top for presentation and Our Lovers of Nuts.
We all have Imaginations,
Use Yours, add your Own topping ideas, over the frosting, Coconut, Nuts, Chocolate Sprinkles, mini choc chips, mini m&m's. etc.
I have used the Hershey's Cocoa Pdr in these if I don't have the bar type Chocolate. But the Bar is Much richer taste.
Note; these are Not Difficult to Make. I had to Edit due to so many Questions. So Hope this all helps and is self Explanitory.
- 1/3 cup
- butter only, please
- 5 oz
- block baking milk chocolate, melted, ( reserve 2.5 oz goes into the frosting) ( note; unable to find bakers choc you can sub mini semi sweet , or milk choc chips) use approx 1/2 c. or more to your taste test.
- 1 c
- bisquick mix
- 3/4 c
- granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c
- marshmallows, mini (i use lots, i cover the bars)( note: no mini marshmallows, tip, use regular cut into small pcs with scissors.
- 1 Tbsp
- real butter, please (for frosting)
- 1/2 to 3/4 c
- sour cream use the taste test.
- 1 1/3 c
- powdered sugar
- the remaining baking choc bar 2.5 oz is added to this butter in the frosting. note: (if no baking choc. you can sub mini semi sweet choc chips)
How to Make IRRESISTIBLE "MUD BARS" by freda
- 1Please, READ ENTIRE recipe before Starting.
Heat Oven to 350.
Grease and Flour 9" Square pan
Set out & measure all Ingredients before starting your recipe.
- 2In 2 qt saucepan, Melt butter 1/3 c. with *2 1/2 oz choc. over low heat, only til melted, stir frequently. set aside.
set aside to cool.
(use only 1/2 the Chocolate bar)
NOTE:use 1/2 in the Frosting 1/2 in the bar batter.
(See Notes in ingredients if You have no Baking Choc Bars)
- 3In a Medium bowl;
Add Bisquick, Sugar,Vanilla, Eggs with the Chocolate.
Blend By Hand, or with electric mixer on low only about 30 seconds, Just til Blended. Yhen Beat on Med. for 1 more minute. . . no more.
"DO NOT OVER BEAT".
(If you overbeat, Your bars will not Rise as high.)
- 4Spread batter in Greased and Floured pan. (Batter is on the thick side)
- 5Bake: 20-25 minutes or til toothpick incerted in the center comes out clean.
Remove from oven.
In a 2 qt. saucepan, Melt the remaining 2 1/2 oz of Chocolate with 1 TBS butter, cool to warm stage.
Stir in Sourcream, & Pdr sugar, beat till smooth.
SPREAD: over the Marshmallows evenly, Place in Refer to chill, (ONLY for easier Cutting.)
Cut into bars.
Cut Usually 6X6 = makes 36 *BITE SIZE* Bars