Please try it and let me know what you think.
- 1 box
- betty crocker super moist white cake mix with pudding in the mix
- 1 1/4 c
- 1/3 c
- vegetable oil
- egg whites
- 4 oz
- creme de menthe (liqueur or syrup...i much prefer the liqueur!)
- 1 jar(s)
- 16 oz.hot fudge topping
- 8-oz. container cool whip, thawed
- 2 oz
- creme de menthe
- chopped andes mints for garnish, optional
How to Make GRASSHOPPER CAKE
- 1Preheat oven to 350° for shiny metal or glass pan, or to 325° for dark or nonstick pan. Spray the bottom only of 9'' x 13'' pan with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, water, oil, and egg whites on low speed for 30 seconds, then on medium speed for 2 minutes more. Scrape the bowl occasionally. Batter will be a bit lumpy. Stir in the Creme de Menthe. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 27 to 32 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Be careful to not over bake, as it will end up dry. Cool completely.
Gently spread the fudge topping evenly over the cake. In a medium bowl, stir together the Cool Whip and 2 ounces Creme de Menthe. Spread mixture evenly over the fudge. If desired, garnish with chopped Andes Mints. Store covered in the refrigerator.