Gluten free Almond, sour cherries and raw organic
Ramona's Cuisine -
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·270 g almond flour sieved
·90 g butter melted
·50 g icing sugar
·50 g gluten free flour
·120 ml honey
·20 sour cherries drained of any juice/syrup *
·1/4 tsp soda bicarbonate
·1/4 tsp baking powder gluten free
·1 tbsp lemon juice
·1 pinch salt
·2 tbsp raw organic cacao sieved
·2 tbsp desiccated coconut optional
How to Make Gluten free Almond, sour cherries and raw organic
- Preheat oven at 350F or 175°C fan assisted oven.
- Grease or line with parchment a 22-24cm (9-91/2in) oven proof dish.
- Melt the butter and set aside. Do not heat too much as you will need to wait for this to cool before using.
- In a larger bowl put together the almond flour, the gluten free flour, the the icing sugar, the soda bicarbonate and baking powder mixed together with the lemon juice, a pinch of salt and the raw organic cacao powder. Mix slightly with a whisker until nicely homogenised.
- Add the melted butter, honey and eggs into it. Mix very well using a hand whisker until homogenised and there are no lumps.
- Pour the mixture into the greased/lined oven dish.
- Sprinkle the sour cherries evenly on top of the batter.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes, depending on the oven and whether this is fan assisted or not. Since the batter is already brown you will not see when it has browned but slightly touch the middle part of the dish and it should feel nice and set. Maybe even rotate the dish half way while baking to achieve an even baking.
- Take out of the oven and allow to cool before removing from the dish.
- Dust slightly with some additional icing sugar, cut into nice bite size squares and serve.