Frozen Raspberry Layer Cake
Blue Ribbon Recipe
The perfect light and refreshing summer dessert! I can’t wait to serve this to my friends and family out on the patio... The Test Kitchen
- saralee pound cakes, crusts removed and cut into 1/4th inch slices
- 3 c
- vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 4 c
- raspberry sorbe, slightly softened
- 1 pt
- fresh raspberrys
- 3 Tbsp
- chambord, or other raspberry flavored liqueur
How to Make Frozen Raspberry Layer Cake
- 1Trace and cut out a 9 in. circle from parchment paper and fit it into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan. Cut out a 3 by 27 inch strip of parchment and fit around the inside of the pan. Tape to secure.
- 2Cover the bottom of the pan with a single layer of cake slices and spread the ice cream evenly over the cake. Freeze until ice cream hardens, about 25 minutes. Spread 2 cups of the sorbet over the ice cream followed by another lay of pound cake slices. Return cake to the freezer for 10 minutes.
- 3Combine the Chambord and the raspberries together in a small bowl. Remove the cake pan from the freezer and place the berries evenly over the cake. Top with the final layer of cake and the sorbet on top of the cake.
- 4Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and freeze for at least four hours. Keep remainder in the freezer, if there is any left...