Devil's Food Cake
How to Make Devil's Food Cake
- 1Cream shortening and 1 cup of the sugar till light.
Add vanilla and egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each.
- 2Sift together dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with cold water, beating after each addition.
- 3Beat egg whites till soft peaks form; gradually add 3/4 cup of sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- 4Fold into batter; blend well
- 5Bake in 2 greased and lightly floured 9 x 1 1/2 inch round baking pans, at 350 F for about 30 to 35 minutes.
Fill and frost