Coffee Cake Pound Cake - Southern Living
Thank you Southern Living (Jan 2011)
P.S. I did not toast the pecans
1/2 cfirmly packed brown sugar
1/2 call purpose flour
1 tspground cinnamon
3/4 cchopped pecans
POUND CAKE BATTER
1 cfinely chopped pecans
1 cbutter, softened
2 1/2 cgranulated sugar
3 call purpose flour
1/4 tspbaking soda
18 oz container sour cream
2 tspvanillan extract
1/4 cfirmly packed bown sugar
1 1/2 tspground cinnamon
How to Make Coffee Cake Pound Cake - Southern Living
- Prepare Pecan Streusel: Combine 1st 3 ingredients in a bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles small peas. Stir in 3/4 cup pecans - set aside
- Prepare Pound Cake:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
** Bake 1 cup of pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 5 - 7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant, stirring half-way through .
Remove and reduce oven temp to 325.
Cool pecans 20 minutes (these will be combined in step 5 with sugar and additional cinnamon)
- Beat butter at med speed with heavy duty electric stand mixture until creamy.
Gradually add granulated sugar beating until light and fluffy.
Add eggs 1 at a time until just blended after each addition
- Stir together flour and baking soda.
Add to mixture alternately with sour cream beginning and ending with flour mixture.
Beat at low speed until just blended after each addition.
Stir in vanilla
- Pour half of batter into a greased and floured 10 inch (12 cup) tube pan ***
Combine TOASTED pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over batter.
Spoon remaining batter over pecan mixture and sprinkle with pecan streusel
- Bake 325 for 1 hour and 20 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a long wooden pick instered in the enter comes out clean.
Cool in pan on wire rack 10-15 minutes.
Remove from pan to wire rack and cool completely (at least an hour)
- *** I used a Bundt pan - watch closely
** I did not do this - I used part of the streusel