Easy Cinnamon Brown Sugar Coffee Cake
My husband has already eaten a quarter of my breakfast snack..wonderful with a hot cup of coffee.
This is so good and so much better than store bought coffeecake. We all just loved it!
It looks like a crumb cake when done, but when you cut a piece out you see how the swirling of the topping carries all that brown sugar goodness all the way through the cake.... Oh, and it smells just wonderful while cooking, kind of like cinnamon rolls.
TIP: It is important to swirl 1/2 the topping really well througout the cake - It gives it a true coffee cake feel.
- 1 box
- yellow cake mix, I use Betty Crocker with a pudding mix
- 1 c
- 1/3 c
- 3/4 c
- brown sugar
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 c
- 1/4 c
- flaxseed or another nut as desired
- 1 c
- powdered sugar
- maple extract
- water, as needed
CAKE MIX INSTRUCTIONS
How to Make Easy Cinnamon Brown Sugar Coffee Cake
- 1Spray bottom of 9 x 13 pan.
- 2Combine the cake ingredients as directed on box.
- 3Combine topping ingredients.
- 4Sprinkle 1/2 of topping and swirl in cake.
- 5Rest of topping sprinkle on top of cake.