How to Make Coconut Cream Poke Cake
- In a large bowl, mix cake mix, water, oil, eggs and coconut extract. Gently stir in shredded coconut.
- Pour batter into a greased 9 X 13 inch baking pan and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes
- Cool cake for 15 minutes, then while the cake is still warm poke holes over entire cake about 1/2 inch apart.
- Cool cake before filling.
In a large bowl, mix together pudding mixes and milk and immediately pour all over cake and make sure pudding seeps into the holes. Refrigerate.
- Place heavy cream and sugar in large bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat cream and sugar together on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Spread whipped topping over cake.
Sprinkle with toasted coconut. Keep cake refrigerated.
- Toast coconut flakes in a medium skillet over medium high heat and stir until golden.