Caramel Pecan Pound Cake
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Your whole family is going to love this cake! A scoop of ice cream and a glass of milk would be perfect with this moist cake. This had a wonderful taste of vanilla and pecans. I bet a caramel glaze would be lovely too! The Test Kitchen
1 lbbox light brown sugar
1/2 tspbaking powder
3 call-purpose flour
1 bag(s)finely chopped pecans, 6 oz
How to Make Caramel Pecan Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar thoroughly at medium speed. Gradually add sugar and continue creaming.
- Add egg one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, combine baking powder, salt, and flour. Add flour mixture alternately with milk to cream mixture, beginning and ending with flour. Blend well after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla and pecans.
- Pour into a greased and floured tube or Bundt pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Let cake cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan. If desired, dust lightly with powdered sugar.