Buttermilk white velvet cake
You don't have to use clear vanilla extract. That is only to keep it a cleaner white color. The one pictured I made during quarantine and clear wasn't available luckily I had my big bottle of pure lol
THis is a great one for a wedding cake. Mmm with a French butter cream!
3 cflour (cake is best but can use all purpose
4 tspbaking powder
2vanilla extract (clear is best to maintain whiteness )
How to Make Buttermilk white velvet cake
- Mix flour ,baking powder and salt
- separate bowl cream softened butter , vanilla and sugar until creamy and fluffy
- alternate adding in 1/3s .. buttermilk and then flour to butter and sugar mixture. Incorporate well between adding
- Separate bowl .... beat egg whites until stiff peaks form
- Place whipped egg into batter and gently fold in .. Fold well.
- Pour into prepared butter and floured pans
2 - 9 inch
3- 8 inch
- Preheated 350,° oven 30 or until it springs back when lightly pressed in center. Or toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before removing. Ice with favorite icing.