"Bourbon Cherry Pie" Pumpkin Butter
- 1 1/2 c
- pitted, fresh black or red cherries
- 3/4 c
- 1/4 c
- 3 c
- dark brown sugar
- 1/2 c
- sugar or honey
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- almond extract or amaretto
- 2 Tbsp
- cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pinch
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 can(s)
- 2 pkg
- knox unflavored gelatin (can use cornstarch instead)
How to Make "Bourbon Cherry Pie" Pumpkin Butter
- 1In a saucepan, take cherries, bourbon, water, brown sugar, honey/sugar, and boil on medium/high heat until sugar is totally dissolved and bourbon is cooked out to your taste level.
- 2Place in blender and pulse for a second for a rough chop of the cherries. Pour back in saucepan.
- 3Add the vanilla extract and amaretto. Cook on a low medium heat.
- 4Whisk in the cinnamon and ginger.
- 5Add canned pumpkin and butter. Continue whisking and raise the heat to a boil. This will bubble and spit, so I would put the lid on it.
- 6Then remove lid, lower heat, and whisk in Knox Gelatin. Continue whisking until totally dissolved.