1 3/4 cunbleached all-purpose flour, plus more for the springform pan
2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspground himalayan sea salt
1/2 cbutter, melted plus more for the springform pan
1 cgranulated sugar, divided
1 largefree-run egg
1 tsppure vanilla extract
1 tsplemon zest, finely chopped
How to Make Blueberry Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Lightly butter and flour a 9-inch springform pan; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1 ¾ cups flour, baking powder and salt; whisk well and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add ½ cup melted butter and ¾ cup granulated sugar. With the paddle attachment, process until creamy before adding egg and vanilla; mix until combined.
- Add half of the dry ingredients and process until blended. Pour in ¼ cup milk and continue mixing until smooth. Repeat with the remaining dry ingredients and ¼ cup milk; process until the batter is smooth.
- In a medium bowl, add blueberries, ¼ cup sugar and lemon zest; stir to combine.
- Add the blueberry mixture to the batter including any liquid. Gently fold in with a spatula until evenly combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan, level it and transfer to the preheated oven; bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool before unmolding. Serve as is or drizzle on some crème Anglaise.