Blueberry Butter Squares
- 3 cups frozen blueberries
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. butter
- ` ♥ `
- 1 ¾ cups butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
How to Make Blueberry Butter Squares
- 1In a mediums saucepan, combine first four ingredients. Cook and stir over medium until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool.
- 2Preheat oven to 325º F; position rack in lower third of oven. Grease and lightly flour a 9” x 13” baking pan.
- 3In the bowl of a stand mixer (I use a Kitchen Aid), beat the 1 ¾ cups butter on medium - high speed for 30 seconds. Beat in the remaining 1 ½ cups sugar, scraping sides of bowl. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- 4Set mixer to low and begin mixing in the flour until it is all thoroughly combined.
- 5Pour evenly into prepared pan. Spoon fruit mixture on top of batter and swirl gently to create a marbling effect, but be careful not to over mix.
- 6Bake for 35 - 40 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and set (center may still appear a little jiggly and undone). Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan on a wire rack.
- 7Once cooled, cut into squares and serve.