Blue Ribbon Blueberry Coffee Cake
1 1/4 cflour
2 tspbaking powder
3 Tbspbutter, melted
1 cblueberries, fresh
1 Tbspbutter, melted
How to Make Blue Ribbon Blueberry Coffee Cake
- In a mixing bowl beat egg and sugar until thick.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Alternately add flour and milk to the egg mixture. Beat after each addition until blended.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 8-inch square baking pan. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 35 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched.
- While still hot, brush the top with the remaining butter. Cool before cutting.
- *** NOTE *** When making muffins with this recipe I bake them about 18-20 minutes. Check oven to be sure that they spring back before removing.