Betty's double vanilla butter cake (from scratch)
Custard powder can be found in most stores where they have an English food section.
1 cbutter, very soft
2 1/2 cself raising flour
1/2 ccustard powder (the english type, not pudding mix)
5eggs, at room tmep
1 3/4 cmilk, slighly warmed
1 Tbspvanilla extract
1 tspbaking powder
How to Make Betty's double vanilla butter cake (from scratch)
- Pre-heat oven to 375oF/180oC and grease either a large 12 cup bunt tin or a sheet tin (lined if using too).
- Place all the ingredients into a large bowl and beat until thick and creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 55 - 65 minutes, or until cooked. A toothpick should come out clean and free of batter or crumbs.
- Cool in tin for 15 minutes and turn out on to a wire rack. Cool completely before frosting, we like either vanilla or chocolate.
- Can be made into 3 loaf tins or 24 jumbo muffins as large cup cakes.