Berries and amaretti cheesecake
Ramona's Cuisine -
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·600 g cheese soft type, such as philadelphia
·250 g white chocolate
·150 ml double creme
·100 ml creme fraiche (full or half fat)
·20 g cane sugar
·150 g rasberries
·2 tbsp raspberry jam
·100 g amaretti biscuits (5-6) crushed
·200 g berries (raspberries, blue berries, strawberries)
How to Make Berries and amaretti cheesecake
- Line with cling film the bottom of a baking tray or a loaf tin depending on whether you fancy this cake as a rectangular, square or a round one, I will leave this up to you to decide.
- Melt the white chocolate in a glass bowl placed over a pan with simmering water. Make sure the bowl does not touch the simmering water. stir occasionally until all chocolate has melted. When ready, put aside to cool slightly.
- In a larger bowl, with the help of an electric or a freestanding whisker, whisk the double cream, the creme fraiche, the soft cheese and the sugar. Whisk until nice and stiff.
- Pour in the melted chocolate mix well and then spoon in some of the raspberries (50 g) with the jam. Stir few times to swirl those around slightly.
- Spoon half of the cheese mix into the lined tin then scatter some fresh fruits (chop the strawberries if you chose to put some in) and 5-6 crushed amaretti biscuits and carry on with layering the remainder of the cheese mixture.
- Level the top and press in the amaretti biscuits with the convex side into the mixture so the base of the biscuit will be the base of the cake eventually.
- Place the tin in the freezer for a good 3-4 hours.
- Take the cake out of the freezer and carefully turn the tin on to a serving plate. Lift the tin and remove the cling film gently.
- Top with the remainder of the fruits (you could crush some of them, and leave the other nice and whole).