Banana, pecan and coconut loaf
Ramona's Cuisine -
Bananas have to be nicely ripe in fact they’re best when their skin has brown dots or marks. Increase the sugar amount by 30-40g (1-1.3oz) if you like this loaf extra sweet but remember the desiccated coconut will add to its sweetness even if unsweetened version it’s used.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·280 g banana mashed 3 bananas + 1 to add on top
·190 g sugar i used cane sugar unrefined
·4 eggs medium room temperature
·50 g desiccated coconut
·50 ml olive oil any other oil will be good
·3 tbsp chia seeds
·280 g self-raising flour i used wholemeal organic
·70 g pecan nuts toasted
·1/4 tsp salt i have used pink himalayan
How to Make Banana, pecan and coconut loaf
- Preheat the oven at 185C or 325°F. Grease two small loaf pans or one regular size.
- In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder, chia seeds, desiccated coconut and salt.
- In a separate which can be the bowl of an electric mixer, mix the sugar and the 4 eggs. Beat until it becomes a light and fluffy mixture. This should be done at a medium speed for about 4-5 minutes.
- While still mixing, add the oil little by little or pouring it in continuously until all is in.
- Add the mashed bananas and mix at low speed for 30 seconds, just enough to incorporate these.
- Using a spatula, fold in the flour mixture gently. Add the chopped and toasted pecans.
- Pour the batter into the already prepared loaf pans. Peel one banana and cut into two lengthwise. Add on top.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or so until golden brown. Use a wooden skewer to make sure it’s done.
- When ready, take out of the oven. Allow it to cool for 10-15 minutes and then take out and cool completely, ideally this should be done on a wire rack.
- Can be served warm or cold with a nice dollop of creme fraîche, ice cream or a nice Greek yoghurt. Enjoy!