Banana Bundt Cake
3 call purpose unbleached flour
2 tspbaking soda
2 stickunsalted butter, softened
2 tsppure vanilla extract
2 largeeggs, at room temperature
4 largebananas, very ripe, about 1 3/4 cups mashed
1 csour cream, full fat
How to Make Banana Bundt Cake
- Prehead oven to 350 degrees and place a rack in the center of the oven. Generously butter a 12-cup bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, place the flour, baking soda and salt; using a wire whisk, mix together thoroughly.
- If you have a stand mixer, fit it with your paddle attachment; if not, your hand mixer will work just fine.
- Put the butter in the bowl of your mixer and beat until creamy. Add the sugar and beat at medium until pale and fluffy. Add the vanilla, then the eggs one at a time, mixing for about 1 minute after addition of each.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the bananas. Lastly, add half the dry ingredients mixing well, then all the sour cream followed by the rest of the flour mixture. Scrape the batter into the pan, then thump it on the counter to release bubbles and smooth the top.
- Bake for 65 to 75 minutes, or until a long wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Keep a check on it and cover with foil if it is browning too quickly.
- Leave the cake in the pan and cool on a rack for 10 minutes; unmold onto the rack to complete the cooling process.
**NOTE** If you've got the time, wrap the cooled cake in plastic and allow it to sit wrapped overnight before serving!