Simple everyday pancakes
Ramona's Cuisine -
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·120 g white flour
·100 g oat bran
·120 ml milk
·100 g creme fraiche
·80 g ricotta cheese
·2 medium eggs
·2 tbps sugar
·4 tbps butter (melted)
·1/2 tbps baking soda
·1/2 tbps cider vinegar
·1 tbps vanilla extract
·1 pinch himalayan salt
How to Make Simple everyday pancakes
- Mix all dry ingredients, the flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar into a bowl, and sift all together. Add the oat bran and mix a little more.
- Separately, into a different bowl, whisk together all the liquid ingredients, the eggs, crème fraîche , ricotta cheese, milk, vanilla essence and half of the melted butter.
- Put the soda bicarbonate in a bigger spoon and pour over the vinegar. Mix well and add to the liquid mixture.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and mix initially with a fork and then, once mixed use an electric mixer and mix until the batter is nice'n smooth. Put aside for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat up on a medium fire a non-stick pan or two pans for quickness. Brush on some melted butter, add 3-4 little batter patches with a ladle or a big spoon. When the top of the pancake begins to bubble, turn it over and cook until both sides are golden brown.
- Repeat this until the batter is all used up. Eat them pretty much straight away.
- Serve with fresh berries and ice cream, maple syrup and butter or jam and crème fraîche or simply pour over indulgently a good chocolate sauce.