STUFFFED BREAKFAST CRESCENTS (SALLYE)
Try it, I think you'll be cooking these often once you've tried them.
1 pkgcrescent dough sheet
4 to 6 largeeggs
1/2 to 1 lbbreakfast sausage
1 cgrated chedder cheese
1 pkgtaco seasoning
1 smallcan (4.5 oz) diced green chiles
1/2 cprepared salsa
How to Make STUFFFED BREAKFAST CRESCENTS (SALLYE)
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
Preheat oven to 375º
- Crack eggs into small bowl, add milk and whisk until light and frothy.
Mix chiles and taco seasoning together in separate bowl and set aside.
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium heat and add butter.
When butter begins to foam, add eggs to pan and cook, stirring with wooden spoon until just slightly wet.
Add chiles and taco seasoning and mix well into eggs.
- Transfer eggs to plate and set aside.
- Using same skillet over medium high heat, crumble sausage into it and cook, stirring often, until sausage is cooked through and color is gray.
Do not overcook or brown the sausage.
- Unroll the crescent dough onto a clean flat surface or cutting board.
Use a sharp knife or pizza cutter to cut into triangles. (you should be able to get 8 triangular pieces).
Lay side by side.
- Spoon equal portions of eggs onto long end of each triangle, then equal portion of cooked sausage.
Sprinkle half the cheese equally onto each triangle.
- Roll into crescent rolls starting with long end, tucking sides in to keep stuffing from falling out.
End with pointed tip of triangle overlapping the crescent roll and place each one on the parchment lined baking sheet with the pointed side down.
- Sprinkle the rest of cheese onto the prepared crescents and dribble the salsa over each one.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven onto serving platter.
Best served while still warm.
- Suggested sides are hash browns, home fries, or grits and homemade jams.