Spelt flour, quince jam and homemade galette
Ramona's Cuisine -
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·500 g spelt flour
·250 ml double cream or milk lukewarm
·80 g white organic flour
·4 tbsp desiccated coconut
·10 g fresh or dry yeast
·1/2 tsp himalayan pink salt
·4 tsp cane sugar
·3 tbsp quince jam homemade
·3 tbsp tutti fruity jam homemade
·1 tbsp tapioca flour (optional)
·2 tbsp cane sugar to sprinkle
·1 small egg to egg wash (optional)
How to Make Spelt flour, quince jam and homemade galette
- To make the pie crust take a bowl out (a rather larger size) and put in the flour, the desiccated coconut and salt. Mix to homogenise and make a well in the middle.
- In a mug place the yeast, 1 tsp sugar and 50 ml lukewarm water. Stir until the yeast has dissolved and pour in the well. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile take out the jam or jams, wash the fruits and slice them or chop them into your desired size. I did both, sliced and chopped them. Placed the fruit in a bowl and just before using it if you want mix in the tapioca flour.
- Going back to the dough, add the milk or the double cream or butter milk, (whatever you want to use or have) to the flour (if using milk, warm it up slightly if you are using double cream or butter milk make sure this are at room temperature and not straight from the fridge).
- Using your hands and fingers combine the flour with the rest of the ingredients until you get a dense dough. If it is too dense for your liking add more liquid, one tbsp at the time until you are happy with the dough viscosity. Cover and allow to rest for 10-15 min.
- Preheat the oven at 200°C or 400 F and line 2 oven trays (I used pizza trays) with parchment paper.
- Split the dough into two portions. Roll out each into a disk of approx 30 cm (12 in) in diameter and this does not have to have exact or even edges.
- Spoon the quince jam on to the center of the first disk and place 1/2 of the fresh peaches arranging them into your desired design. Repeat with the second but using the tutti-frutti jam.
- Sprinkle the sugar over the two pies and brush the dough with the egg wash.
- . Place the galettes on to the prepared trays and bake in the preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes rotating the pants halfway through the baking.
- Serve warm or at the room temperature. They can be stored in the fridge for 3 to 4 days if they ever make it to the fridge.