Southern Style Chicken in a Biscuit
4biscuits, homemade or store-bought, whichever you prefer
1boneless, skinless chicken breast
2/3 call purpose flour
1/4 tspgarlic powder
1 ccream or milk gravy from package or homemade
How to Make Southern Style Chicken in a Biscuit
- Preheat oven and begin baking biscuits according to recipe or package directions.
- Butterfly chicken breasts and slice in half. Then slice in half again crosswise to make 4 pieces.
- Pound out chicken into even pieces and about 1/2 inch thickness. Sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste.
- Heat 1 inch of hot oil in a deep skillet over medium high heat.
- While oil is heating, mix together milk and egg and pour into a shallow dish. Set aside.
- Mix together flour, salt, pepper and seasonings in a shallow dish with a wire whisk.
- Dip chicken in flour and then in milk mixture, then back into flour.
- fry in hot oil about 3-4 minutes per side until golden and crispy. Drain on paper towels or wire rack. Keep warm.
- mix up gravy according to recipe or package directions.
- To assemble sandwich, halve & butter biscuit and place chicken on bottom half. Ladel 1/4 cup of cream gravy over the top of chicken and place top half of biscuit.
- Serve up a delicious breakfast!