Roasted veggies and feta whole meal couscous
Ramona's Cuisine -
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·200 g couscous (wholemeal)
·120 g feta cheese (crumbled)
·1/2 butternut squash
·2 onions (red)
·1 pepper (red)
·2 medium carrots
·3 tbsp sunflower seeds (slightly roasted)
·1-2 tbsp olive oil
·coriander or parsley to garnish
·pepper or some chilli flakes
How to Make Roasted veggies and feta whole meal couscous
- Wash and peel all the vegetables (carrots butternut squash and red onions).
- In a pan slightly roast the sunflower seeds. Stay put as they burn very quickly so literally toss them around a heated pan for one minute and they are done!
- Cut all veggies into chunks, place in an oven tray, sprinkle some salt pepper, olive oil dry or fresh herbs and put in the oven. Bake at 200° for 40 minutes or so depending on how are you want the vegetables to look. The red onion I normally cut slices and bake separately, I drizzle a little bit of olive oil over so it does caramelize a little. Keep an eye on the onion if you decide to make it separately as it cooks faster than the rest of the vegetables. If you don’t want them caramelised, mix them with the rest of the veggies and bake together.
- Meanwhile cook the couscous according to pack instructions but I normally mix the couscous with a pinch of salt and pepper, sometimes 1 tsp of Italian herbs and pour boiling water over about 2 cm above the couscous level and cover immediately with a lid or a plate. I will allow it rest for 20 minutes or so without touching or uncovering it.
- Mix the roasted veggies with the fluffy couscous, season with a pinch of more coarse sea salt, chop some coriander or parsley, scatter the scrambled feta cheese and the roasted sunflower seeds all over it and will be all ready to be served and fully enjoyed.
- Sprinkle some coarse chopped coriander or parsley over.