Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is a PB & J lovers dream. The sandwich is like stuffed french toast with your favorite jelly. The french toast is really good alone, but the peanut butter syrup sends it over the top. We may have needed to add a bit more half and half because our syrup didn't get too thin so we just spread it on top. All warm and gooey, this is so good. The Test Kitchen
8slices whole grain bread
1/2 clow sugar or no sugar jam or jelly
PEANUT BUTTER SYRUP
1/2 cpeanut butter (I used natural)
1/2 chalf and half or milk
3 Tbspmaple syrup
How to Make Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast
- Combine peanut butter, half and half and maple syrup in a small saucepan. Whisk thoroughly. Heat over medium heat, whisking occasionally until hot and just starting to simmer. Remove from heat, cover and set aside.
- Spread jelly on 4 slices of the bread and top with remaining 4 slices.
- Whisk together eggs and milk.
- Heat a skillet sprayed with cooking spray over med-high heat. Dip each sandwich in egg mixture(both sides), and cook until golden brown on one side. Flip over and cook the other side.
- Cut cooked sandwiches into triangles, arrange on plates and drizzle with the peanut butter syrup.