"Italian" French Toast (oregano free)
6ish sliceitalian bread i use rotella's italian twist
2 Tbspgoodman's vanilla
3 dash(es)cinnamon, ground
1/3 cmilk(i prefer whole milk skim will work)
1 dash(es)powdered sugar
How to Make "Italian" French Toast (oregano free)
- I like to leave my bread out for a while and let it dry out some. ( I learned this from watching Alton Brown's cooking show) He suggests over night but sure as I do that something with come up and I will waste my bread.
- When your bread is ready ( you can use it right out of the package in a pinch) Mix the eggs,milk,cinnamon, and vanilla in a shallow dish. A small square casserole dish is what I use.
- dip the bread in the egg mixture. Make sure your griddle is hot with just a smidge of butter for "grease" make sure your bread is covered in mixture
- Place your bread on your griddle and flip pretty soon after you let it sizzle. despite the butter mine usually sticks just a bit. Flipping soon seems to prevent this. Could be because of the egg I have no idea.
- make sure it cooks to brown on each side, you may have some actual egg with your french toast! Don't be alarmed it tastes good with syrup too!
- I like to have a oven ready on warm if your making it in a skillet so you can serve it all at once and it's all still warm.
- Our preference for eating is warmed up syrup a pat of real butter and some powdered sugar. ENJOY!