Ham and Cheese Grits
- 4 c
- nonfat milk
- 1 1/4 c
- quick cooking grits
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 c
- cubed cooked ham (about 1/2 pound)
- 4 oz
- havarti cheese, shredded or cut into thin slices
- 1/4 c
- plus 2 tablespoons green onion, thinly sliced and divided
How to Make Ham and Cheese Grits
- 1In a 2 1/2- quart saucepan, bring milk just to a simmer over medium-high heat.
Slowly whisk in grits. Reduce heat to low and cover. Continue to whisk every minute to keep from forming lumps.
Cook about 5 minutes or until grits begin to thicken.
- 2Add ham, cheese, and 1/4 cup cup green onion; stir until cheese begins to melt.
Cover and remove from heat; let stand 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through.
- 3Stir again; spoon into serving dishes. Garnish with remaining 2 tablespoons green onion and serve warm.