Gluten Free Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins
- 2 1/2 c
- gluten-free pancake and baking mix
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 c
- 1/2 c
- becel buttery taste margarine
- 1 1/2 c
- firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 c
- low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 tsp
- grated lemon zest
How to Make Gluten Free Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins
- 1Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C). Line 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners; set aside.
- 2Combine gluten free pancake and baking mix with salt in medium bowl; gently toss in blueberries.
- 3Beat Becel Buttery Taste margarine with brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and lemon peel. Gently stir in pancake and baking mixture with wooden spoon. Evenly spoon into prepared muffin pan.
- 4Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes on wire rack; remove from pan and cool completely.
- 5Recipe Tip: If using a pancake and baking mix or a flour blend without baking powder and baking soda, add 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) baking powder and 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) baking soda to pancake and baking mixture.
- 6Nutrition information and more recipe ideas can be found at becel.ca.