GiGi’s Honey Butter Bran Muffins
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/4 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
263 gdried prunes
3 Tbspcoconut oil
63 gall bran cereal
192 gall purpose flour
1 1/4 tspbaking soda
1 tspvanilla extract
How to Make GiGi’s Honey Butter Bran Muffins
- Preheat oven 375
- To saucepan add butter, sugar, brown sugar, honey and water. Stir over medium heat until sugars melt. Remove from heat and set aside.
Purée prunes in food processor. Add honey, oil, egg and buttermilk; process until smooth. Add bran cereal and process an additional 30-45 seconds. Pour mixture in medium size mixing bowl.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt to mixing bowl. Add extract and orange zest. Combine mixture using a large spoon.
- For 8 Texas size muffins (Do not need paper cupcake cups)
Add 1 T honey butter glaze to each muffin well.
Add 4 oz of muffin mix to muffin wells.
Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes. Drizzle with leftover glaze when muffins come out of oven.
- For 16 regular size muffins (Do not need paper cupcake cups)
Add 2 teaspoons honey butter glaze to muffin wells.
2 oz of muffin mix to muffin wells.
Bake at 375 for 13-17 min. Drizzle remaining glaze over warm muffins.
- Remove muffins from pan while still warm.