Crust-in delicious quiche
Ramona's Cuisine -
2. The pancetta can also be replaced by bacon, gammon and you can use a smoked or unsmoked version according to your preferences.
3. Instead of creme cheese you can use creme fraîche, yogurt or double/single cream.
4. If you don't want to bake it and want to make a smaller quantity for one or two people maximum you can also use the pan and cook it over very low heat covered with a lid and then you turn it halfway over on the other side. I'd say probably you need to cook it for about 7-8 minutes or less on each
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·350 g pancetta
·200 ml milk
·50 g cream cheese i used philladelphia cheese
·1 pinch himalayan salt
·black pepper to taste
·300 g crusty bread preferably stale
·350 g cheddar cheese (grated) or any melting cheese
·red onion (optional) or spring onion
How to Make Crust-in delicious quiche
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs together with the milk, salt and pepper, cream cheese.
- Add to the egg mixture the bread cut/broken into chunks and the grated cheese. Mix well and set aside stirring occasionally so that the bread soaks well. Best to keep in the fridge but remember to stir from time to time. Leave it to soak for at least 30 min.
- Meanwhile place a pan on medium heat and slightly cook 3/4 of the pancetta and onion if you decide to use - cook until it gets slightly brown. Remove the pancetta from the pan and drain of any excess fat if you like but this is optional.
- Heat the oven to 180C or 350F.
- Spray or grease a 20-21 cm cake tin or any oven dish and leave aside for when everything is ready. When the egg and bread mix is ready, take out of the fridge and pour into the greased/sprayed oven dish. Spread evenly the mixture and scatter the 1/4 pancetta left out from cooking.
- Bake for 30 minutes until nice and golden brown on top.
- Serve warm or cold with some parsley sprinkled on top.