Best ever quail eggs, potato and mushrooms brunch
Ramona's Cuisine -
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·1 large sweet potato
·100 g chorizo diced
·150 g sausage diced, i used a meaty french one
·2 medium potatoes
·350 g chestnut mushrooms
·1 large red onion optional
·1 red pepper
·1/4 cauliflower head made into small florets
·4-5 springs fresh parsley
·2-3 springs fresh dill
·1 pinch of salt
·1 pinch of freshly ground black pepper
·1 tbsp coconut oil
How to Make Best ever quail eggs, potato and mushrooms brunch
- Cooking on the stove:
Wash, peel, chop, dice all vegetables. Just don't mix the potato with other veggies but place separately on a big chopping board or on a big plate.
- Start by cooking the diced potatoes (not the sweet ones) in a pan with a bit of coconut oil and a pinch of salt. Cook for about 5-6 minutes tossing occasionally. I always cook them covered for about 5 minutes as those take the longer to cook.
- Add the sweet potatoes roughly chopped together with the diced or sliced sausages, onion, pepper, cauliflower and mushrooms. Cook covered for a further 4 min stirring or tossing every now and again and then take the lid off and cook for a further 3 min or so depending on how cooked you like your vegetables. I like them slightly crunchy.
- Add most of the herbs in the last minute of cooking and then take the pan off the heat.
- Cook the eggs with a tiny amount of coconut oil in a nonstick pan.
- Dish out the vegetables, sprinkle more herbs on top, add the cooked egg(s) and serve.
- Ideally would be to serve hot but cold is also good.
- Baking it in the oven:
Baking this in the oven is a lot simpler because you just simply add all chopped or diced ingredients apart from the eggs in an oven proof dish mix them and put them in the oven and cook covered at 190 C for about 40 minutes (baking time varies according to the way you have cut your vegetables and their size). In the last 15 minutes of cooking, remove the cover, give them a quick stir/mix and place back in the oven.
- The eggs you either cook separately in a pan or you add them to the veg mix and cook for 5-6 minutes. Before adding the eggs though if you decide to cook them in the oven, add the chopped herbs mix and then add the eggs. Leave a good pinch of freshly chopped herbs to sprinkle over once all ready.