Spanish Potato Omelet
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 mediumpotato, thinly sliced
1 smallonion, finely chopped
1 slicecured ham, cut into small pieces (1 ounce)
1/4 colive oil
·salt, to taste
How to Make Spanish Potato Omelet
- Heat oil almost to smoking and fry ham. When it is slightly browned, add onions and saute until they are soft and golden.
- Add potatoes and cook until tender and lightly browned. Remove mixture from the pan and cool for a few minutes.
- Add additional oil to the pan if needed and bring almost to smoking. Add the reserved mixture and reheat.
- Beat the eggs, add a pinch of salt, and add to the potatoes, stirring until mixed together.
Keep shaking the pan and sliding a spatula or knife around the edges of the omelet to keep it free and to form a high, rounded edge.
- When the omelet is almost firm, hold a plate upside down against the frying pan; invert both, dropping the omelet onto the plate as you do so, then slip the omelet back into the pan browned side up. This is easiest to do if the plate you use fits neatly inside the frying pan.
- Shake the pan while the second side browns.
- Serve at once.