1 pinchground himalayan sea salt, or to taste and divided
1 pinchfreshly ground black pepper, or to taste (i always use mixed peppercorns)
1 Tbspclarified butter or ghee
1/4 cred onions, finely chopped
3 largemushrooms, washed and sliced
1/4 ccherry tomatoes, washed and quartered
1/2 Tbsphot sauce of your choice, or to taste
1/4 csharp cheddar cheese, or to taste
How to Make White Omelet
- In a mixing bowl, add egg whites, ground sea salt and freshly ground black pepper; whisk until frothy and set aside.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, add butter and when hot, add onions and mushrooms; season with ground sea salt. Sauté the ingredients until nicely cooked, about 1 ½ minutes. Add tomatoes and season with hot sauce; sauté for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and transfer to a bowl.
- Wipe the skillet and return to the heat; set the temperature to medium-low. Spray generously with cooking spray.
- Pour in egg white mixture, swirl to cover bottom evenly and cook until set, about 3 to 4 minutes or until the edges set and release from the pan, lifting with a spatula. Spoon onion mixture on half of the omelet, sprinkle cheese on top and then fold it over. Cook until cheese has melted, about 1 minute.
- Slide omelet onto a serving plate. Makes 1 large omelet