Southwestern Brunch Eggs
Geoffry Le Cher
12-16 slicesourdough bread, cut in 1" cubes - stale is best
2 ccheddar cheese, grated
1 cmonterey jack cheese, grated
12eggs, whipped to a froth
7 ozcanned green chiles, diced
1 can(s)tomatoes and chiles (small)
2 Tbspdried cilantro
1/4 tspblack pepper
1 Tbspchipotle chili powder (smokey works best)
1 cchorizo (mexican sausage, mild or medium), fried and drained of grease
·fresh cilantro - garnish
How to Make Southwestern Brunch Eggs
- Coat a 9" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, milk and seasonings together; set aside.
- Trim crust from bread.
- Pour just enough egg mixture to cover the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Line dish with half of the bread.
- Spread half of each cheese, half of the chorizo and half the chilies over the bread layer.
- Add another bread layer and the remaining cheese, corizo and chilies.
- Pour remaining egg mixture over the dish.
- Cover with foil.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Bake in 350 degree F. oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until liquid is set to custard.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve with a dollop of sour cream.