Scrumptious egg and bacon cupcake omelette
Ramona's Cuisine -
Fabulously quick breakfast that is filling and nutritious for you and your lovely family.
Enjoy this blissful breakfast!!
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·3 eggs (organic)
·30 ml milk (organic), full fat
·100 g egg whites
·200 g bacon or prosciutto
·80 g spinach
·150 g mozzarella cheese
·1 tbsp sunflower seeds or pine nuts
·1 tbsp creme fraiche creme cheese
·pepper freshly ground
·chilli (red or green) to taste
How to Make Scrumptious egg and bacon cupcake omelette
- Preheat the oven at 180 Celsius.
- You could certainly use the spinach fresh but, out of my experience I'd just wash it and place it in a bowl and pour some boiling water over just to wilt it a little so it gets easier to handle.
- In bowl mix the eggs, egg whites, pepper, some milk, half of the cheese and the wilted spinach, the cheese/creme fraîche.
- Cut the bacon into half lengthwise so it becomes long strips. Trim some of the fat off if you prefer.
- In a silicone muffin tray place on the edge a bacon strip (thinner if the bacon has not been de-salted). Pour in (half full) the egg mixture. Sprinkle few sunflower seeds and some more grated mozzarella cheese on top and place in the oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 200 C.