Sausage Skillet Supper
Blue Ribbon Recipe
I loved this one dish breakfast skillet... All the flavors are spot on. If you like your eggs over easy, just cook them for half the suggested time. I can't wait to try more add-ins like green peppers or even green chilis. The possibilities are endless! The Test Kitchen
1 lbground sausage
1/2 mediumyellow onion
16 ozpakage cubed frozen potatoes
1/2 lbbacon, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 cMexican blend shredded cheese
How to Make Sausage Skillet Supper
- In a nonstick or cast iron skillet, brown up bacon pieces. Drain, but reserve 3 Tablespoons of bacon drippings. Set aside.
- To bacon drippings, add the whole bag of broken up bag of frozen potatoes and chopped onion. Stir until potatoes are browned and onion is translucent. Set aside.
- In a separate skillet, brown sausage. Add sausage to potato-onion mixture. Add bacon. Stir until combined.
- Evenly spread out mixture in skillet. Make 6 wells in potato mixture. Break 1 egg in each well. Cover and cook on low until eggs are set, about 8 min.
- Uncover and sprinkle evenly with cheese and bacon. Cover again until cheese is melted.