Rosemary & Thyme: Laura's Squishy Egg Sandwich
1 tspwhite vinegar
1 pinchsalt (optional, to taste)
1 dash(es)black pepper (optional, to taste)
1/2english muffin, toasted
How to Make Rosemary & Thyme: Laura's Squishy Egg Sandwich
- Split the English muffin. Toast it. Place it on a plate. Spread it with the butter. You will need 1/2 the muffin per serving. Feel free to eat the other half as well.
- Pour water into an 8" skillet or 1 quart pot (I used the skillet) and place it on the stove over medium high heat.
- Add the White Vinegar and bring to a boil.
- While the water is heating, crack the egg into a small bowl and set aside.
- When the water boils, swirl the water gently to set the water in motion. I stirred mine with a slotted nylon spatula.
- While the water continues to swirl/spin, gently pour the egg into the center of the water. Pour close to the surface of the water.
- Try to keep the white of the egg together, coaxing it if needed with the spatula. Try to keep the egg from going too deep in the water and sticking to the pan by gently going under the egg with the spatula and scraping the pan. Do not break the yolk. Gently splash the boiling water over the yolk with the spatula.
- When the white starts to turn (cook), go under the egg and lift it up and flip it over in the water. Turn off the heat and let the egg swirl in the water a few seconds. The yolk should not be fully set/firm.
- Lift the cooked/poached egg from the water and place it on the buttered, toasted English Muffin half.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired.
- I served mine with half of a mashed avocado mixed with lemon juice and salsa.