Not your bar eggs “thank goodness”
Irisa Raina 9
This amount of pickle juice will yield enough for one dozen eggs, which is the amount I made this morning! Three times a year I’ll be making sometimes 12 dozen at a time. The three times a year are “ July for BBQ’s ~~~ Christmas ~~~ Easter….I’ll make many jar’s at those time's to share with family and friends.
I save and freeze all my pickle juice till I have enough to do these.
- 12 large eggs
- 1 jar of juice from 24 ounce valsic zesty bread & butter pickles
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 24 fresh cayenne peppers left whole “ 2 per egg “ make tiny slits into the peppers.
- red pepper flakes “ 1 teaspoon per jar, optional”
How to Make Not your bar eggs “thank goodness”
- 1Boil the eggs to the hard boil stage, cool.
- 2While the eggs are cooking bring the apple cider vinegar to a boil and immediately turn down to simmer. Add the sugar and keep whisking till the sugar has all dissolved.
- 3Let this mixture cool somewhat and then add the pickle juice and mix till it is all incorporated.
- 7Now throw “well don’t throw” but put these in the back of the refrigerator for at least a week. The longer they sit the better they are.