Asparagus and Mushroom Quiche
1 bunchfresh asparagus...cleaned and cut in aprox 1inch peices
1 mediumonion diced
1 pkgsliced mushrooms
2 cmonterey jack cheese
2deep dish pie shells
6-8slices of bacon cooked and crumbed for topping
·salt and pepper
2-3 Tbspolive oil
How to Make Asparagus and Mushroom Quiche
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In one skillet saute onions, mushrooms, and garlic with olive oil.
- In another skillet saute asparagus in olive oil ...add salt and pepper...I deglazed my pan with a little white wine...but not necessary I just like the flavor. You want the asparagus a little tender but don't overcook.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs and milk...add a little salt and pepper. Add 1 cup of the cheese.
- Evenly divide the asparagus and onion/mushroom mixture between the two pie shells. Pour the egg mixture over...1/2 in each shell
- Bake for 30 min on 350.
- while quiche is baking fry bacon and crumble.
- After 30 min top the quiche with remaining 1 cup of cheese and bacon ... put back in the oven for another 5 min.