Original Praline Bacon Recipe
How to Make Original Praline Bacon Recipe
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Place a wire rack on a sheet tray. Combine the Pecans and brown sugar.
Lay the bacon side by side on the rack, place in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until the bacon is sizzling and starting to brown around the edges.
The object is for the bacon to cook about 3/4 of the way through before adding the topping.
- 3Mix the 3 remaining ingredients.
- 4Push the partially cooked bacon as close together as possible on the rack and brush with the cane syrup, this will give the topping something to grab on to.
Cover generously with the Pecan/brown sugar topping.
Place back in the oven for about 10 minutes more or until the topping is bubbly and the bacon is good and brown.
- 5As the Praline Bacon cools it will set up and have a nice chewy bite to it.