Blue Ribbon Recipe
What a great way to start your day! This is a fancy (but easy!) omelet to serve for a special day! The asparagus adds a slight crunch. The prosciutto adds so much flavor. Be careful when adding salt since prosciutto is salty. Delish! The Test Kitchen
2fresh asparagus spears, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 slicethin sliced prosciutto ham, cut into pieces
2 largeeggs, lightly beaten
1 pinchfine sea salt
2 Tbspfreshly grated asiago cheese
·fresh chives, chive flowers and strawberries for garnish (optional)
How to Make ASPARAGUS OMELETTE
- In small nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium/medium low heat.
- Add asparagus and saute 1 to 2 minutes, until asparagus is tender (but still bright green.)
- Add prosciutto and saute 10 seconds.
- Add salt to beaten eggs and gently pour over evenly distributed asparagus and prosciutto in skillet.
- Lower heat, slightly, and let cook (no stirring, just gentle swirling) until firm, but still slightly wet on top.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over top.
- With egg turner, fold into thirds and remove from heat.
- Transfer to warm plate, garnish if desired and serve.
- Recipe may be doubled or tripled, etc... just be sure to increase skillet size accordingly.