Sausage and Potatoes Au Gratin
Another great thing about this dish is that you can buy the smoked sausage, cheese and the potatoes and keep them in your fridge for a decent amount of time before they need to be used.
- 1 lb
- ground breakfast sausage
- 1 can(s)
- (10.75 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 c
- 1/2 c
- chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp
- ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp
- 3 c
- potatoes, sliced 1/8- inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 3 Tbsp
- 2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Sausage and Potatoes Au Gratin
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
In a large skillet over medium high heat, cook and crumble sausage until done. Pour off grease and pat with paper towels to remove excess oil.
- 2In a medium bowl, whisk together soup, milk, onion, pepper and salt.
Spray a 2- quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray. Place half the potatoes in bottom of dish. Top with half the soup mixture and half the cooked sausage. Repeat layers, ending with sausage; dot with butter.
- 3Cover and bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Uncover, sprinkle with cheese and return to oven, baking until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 5 minutes.