Pecan Delight Baked French Toast
It's so easy to make the night before, and pop into the oven the next morning.
This is also a wonderful brunch dish or dessert for something different
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Mmmm....mmmm.... good! We used hazelnut creamer and substituted two slices of regular cinnamon bread when we couldn't find thick cut. Naturally, that "forced" us to spread cream cheese on the additional slices too. No complaints! The Test Kitchen
6 slicethick cinnamon bread
1 pkghoney nut spreadable cream cheese
1 stickbutter (1/2 cup)
1 1/2 cbrown sugar
8 to 9eggs
1 1/2 ccoffee creamer (French vanilla or hazelnut)
3/4 cchopped pecans
How to Make Pecan Delight Baked French Toast
- Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread each slice bread with a light layer of cream cheese and place in dish.
- In a separate bowl, melt butter and brown sugar. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix cinnamon, nutmeg, eggs, salt, and creamer. Pour over bread. Top with brown sugar mixture made in step above.
- Sprinkle pecans over entire dish. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Next morning, leave covered and bake at 350 degrees F for about 45 minutes. Cut into squares and dust with powdered sugar.